Helpful Concrete Tips
Tips for a successful concrete placement
- Have yardage figured before ordering. Calculate length x width x depth divided by 27 = 1 cubic yard or use our Materials Calculator.
- Let us know what kind of placement (walls, flatwork, interior, exterior).
- Know your weather (temperature, winds, humidity, rain).
- Dampen base down before placing concrete.
- DO NOT ADD excessive water (1 gallon per yard equals 1” of slump).
- Vapor barriers increase plastic shrinkage cracking (MasterFiber M100).
- Most important part of your concrete placement is CURE YOUR CONCRETE.
- Always give advance notification of your concrete order with clear and precise directions to the project.